Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thing #4

Blog writing seems almost like writing a diary. You're sharing your thoughts and wonder if anyone else will really read it. Or, it could be like writing an editorial, you just want to voice your ideas.

In Mark's edtechblog, he mentions how his own reading habits have changed over the years, and I feel the same way. I seem to want quick little blurbs to read rather than a lengthy novel, and if I am interested in a lengthy novel, I buy the audio version.

Commenting on the blog let's the writer know someone read it. It also helps to expand the originally blogger concepts or offer differences of opinion as the case may be. This leads to more diverse thinking and a broadening of discussion. This can facilitate learning.

3 comments:

CoolTeach said...

I agree that it is like writing in a diary. It is probably easier to voice your opinion when nobody knows who you are. This way you can really expand on how you feel about important topics.

CoolTeach said...

I forgot to leave the link to my blog.
lh-newtech.blogspot.com

Enjoy!!

Learner 4 Life said...

I agree. Blogging is like an online journal. It is fun. I do think I have changed the way I write and the way I read things since I have started this class. I really like your page.

background