Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How old is Mary again?





Now that I know Mary's maiden name, her father's name is James "Jim" Gulledge and her mother's name is Emma, I am able to find her in at least 2 censuses, 1910 and 1920. But wait a minute! According to her death certificate and her tombstone she was born in 1916. I guess she wasn't. She was born in 1907. I'm sure I have the right family. The obituary helps prove this as well. Mary was 9 years older than my dad thought she was, or pretended she was. My cousin said, "She was older," so I assume he knew that, or maybe not.

I couldn't find Mary in 1930, but her mother is living with Julia, her sister, in Shreveport, La. I see that Julia has married someone named Weldon and has twin boys Loyd and Floyd. She is listed as a nurse, head of house, but it says married, not widowed. Where has her husband gone?

No comments:

background