Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the search continues...




I finally found Mary and Carlton's marriage certificate at the Delta County Courthouse. I only found it because I went there personally page by page. It wasn't listed in the index. So they were married on August 3, 1946. Her name was Wooliver. Searched everywhere for a Wooliver in census records. I couldn't find her death certificate either. I knew they lived in Charleston, TX, when she was sick and that she was buried in the Charleston Cemetery. How could there not be a death record in 1951?

Finally, my cousin says, "Well, I think your dad took her back to Louisiana right before she died to visit her family." And there it was. She died in Shreveport, LA. Her maiden name was not Wooliver, but Gulledge! So she had been married before....

I have to ask myself why did Dad have to take Mary, as sick as she was, and I've been told VERY sick, to Louisiana to see her family one week before she died. Why didn't they come to see her?

No comments:

background