Sunday, March 13, 2011

Marriages of a Mary Ruth Gulledge (not neccessarily mine)






I set out searching for a marriage of Mary Ruth Gulledge to Sparks or Wooliver so I searched family search, and the county sites of Gregg and Upshur. Gladewater happens to be in 2 counties. That could throw you off for awhile looking for records.

I received the marriage license from Jefferson, Marion County, Texas, for Deryl and Mary. They were married on Jan. 13, 1929.

As you can see above, there were 2 marriages of a Mary Ruth Gulledge in Gregg county. One in Upshur County. A Mary Ruth Gulledge married Hosea Burks on Jan. 1, 1934. A Mary Ruth Gulledge married Jack Watson on Aug. 15, 1935. Mary Ruth married L. J. Wooliver (spelled Wolliver) in Upshur County on Feb. 9, 1937.

Are these all the same Mary Ruth?????

I know that L. J. Wooliver is my Mary Ruth because that was her name when dad married her.

Why can't I find any of these men? Can't find them in the census or death indexes. Wooliver is not even mentioned in the 1937 Gladewater City Directory although M. R. Wooliver is. Wonder if I could find them in the divorce record?

I did find a divorce record for Gulledge and Sparks, but it seems to be missing some details. Deryl filed first, but Mary Ruth received the divorce from Deryl and he was not present. No baby mentioned either. How can that be?

No comments:

background