Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thing #6

Yes, the number of things in your reader are voluminous. It is a even worse if you have more than one interest. I am trying to skim and scan, but then I also feel that I'm never comprehending everything. I guess the key is to just find something you are really interested in, and then take your time. I also wonder, who has the time to write this much every day?

I found a blog that talks about the students wanting to be active and involved. I taught 3rd and 4th grade for 21 years before I began to teach music. No classroom is more active and involved than my classroom. There's singing, dancing/movement, playing orff instruments, recorders, percussion, making noise, being quiet, listening, creating... It's more fun for me, as the teacher, to also be in a classroom that is active and involved. Not worrying near as much about testing can also help.

There's an interesting article music article about the pentatonic scale. There are 7 notes in the diatonic scale. The pentatonic scale uses only 5 notes of the scale omitting fa and ti. This is a staple in the elementary classroom. Almost all of our early work in the elementary classroom is using the pentatonic scale.

See video below about the association of the pentatonic scale and african american spirituals.

Well, I thought I would be able to put video below, but, alas, no. Here's the link.

Amazing Grace History...

But I really wanted to embed the video!!!!!!!



Woohoo! Thanks, Kelly!

I did subscribe to Flickr's Most Interesting Photos. That is interesting and enlightening.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I was so excited when I learned how to embed a video! Just in case you want to know how...

After you type your post, click on the edit html tab. Your text will appear and you just copy the embed link from youtube and paste it there. You can paste it at the beginning of the text or at the end, depending on where you want it to appear in the post.

I hope that makes sense! I was trying to give short directions. I'll check back later and see if it worked for you!

Kelly said...

Yea! You did it =)

background