Saturday, November 29, 2008

And now to genealogy

I was viewing the post of Jennifer and noticed The Founding Documents link. I listened for a bit to The Farewell Address of George Washington. My ggg grandfather, Christopher Columbus Elmore, was born in 1790 in North Carolina. This is as far back as I can carry my Elmore line. He was 6 years old when that address was made. Did his family talk like that? When did we stop having so many words and so many eloquent words? My husband's line can be traced back to Robert Middleton and Mary Wheeler in Maryland, his 7th g grandparents. Over time they went from Maryland to Georgia to Mississippi to Arkansas to Texas.

My Elmore line goes from North Carolina to Tennessee to Illinois to Missouri to Texas. Where did we lose that love for so many words, or is it too many words? We Texans so seem to shorten words....

No comments:

background