Monday, November 10, 2008

Thing #17

I have known about and subscribed to podcasts for some time now. I like the Genealogy Guys podcast and sometimes I find a podcast on itunes relating to some time in history that interests me. Podcasts on Classics for Kids was one of the first things I put in my google reader when I was looking for things to check daily. I've decided to create a promethean flip chart with graphics and pictures of different composers and play one of the 5 minute podcasts as an opening lesson for my 6th grade classes. I've always felt that I should expose students more to the different periods and works of different composers, and this would be an effective way to do that.

My favorite podcast on the list was the Jamestown Elementary Podcast Project I liked listening to the children's projects, and I'm sure they enjoyed creating them. The WillowWeb had interesting and well done podcasts as well.

I just finished recording in garageband my fourth grade students performing the songs that they are responsible for the instrumental part in the upcoming "The Polar Express" so that the other classes can practice singing them as well. Maybe I will publish that.

No comments:

background