Monday, November 10, 2008

Thing #18

I love YouTube. You can find anything there! I searched for videos for songs that I'm currently working on with my students, and some songs that I wanted them to see different interpretations of. Siyahamba is a South African folk song that we are performing at the Mesquite Fine Arts Festival. McKenzie students will be performing the Orff Instrumentation written by David Talaguit at Motley Elementary School. I wanted my students to realize there were different styles of presenting the same song.

Siyahamba #1
Siyahamba #2
Siyahamba #3

My very favorite folk song is Shady Grove. Who can do that better than The Darlings from the Andy Griffith Show?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I just saw your comment about putting the videos at the bottom, but it looks like you've done it here. If not...I'm not understanding what you're asking. I'll be glad to help you if you need it though! Just send me an email =)

maryw said...

You found some really great videos to use!

background